Monday, July 05, 2010

On to Georgia

This is our last morning in TN (at least for the moment). We'll be packing up and heading off for Georgia and a visit with cousin Ellen in Savannah. I'm excited about seeing Ellen again. It's been too many years since we've been together.

We'll have an intermediate stop tonight at High Falls State Park, between Atlanta and Macon. I hope it's a good place for the night.

Yesterday was a good day. I spent the morning getting some "chores" done around the coach. I finally got the tire pressure monitor system installed correctly and working. Hopefully that gives us a good safety margin on the important issue of tire pressure. We also used some of the special cleaning supplies we bought at the RV Rally. The pink stuff works very well!

We spent all afternoon with Mother at the nursing home. The day had mostly good moments. They  included visits with two of the Robinson cousins and their spouses: Barry and Margaret, Janet and Dorris. Visits with them are always a delight. I feel blessed to have so many wonderful cousins that I enjoy so much. Mother had a reasonably good day.

Supper was at Jason's Deli in Murfreesboro. It's on Thompson Lane, near the intersection with Medical Center Parkway. If you're in Murfreesboro and haven't eaten there, by all means give it a try! It's the only place I've ever heard Mary say, "If I were rich and able to buy a franchise, I would buy this one so I would have it in my town!"

The latter part of the evening was spent watching a great fireworks display at the "Nashville I-24 Campground" in Smyrna. It was a real professional job! I think it was better than some city-sponsored fireworks I've seen in the past. I planned to have some pics, but discovered that getting pictures from a Windows-based smart phone to a Mac is not easy. I can email them to myself, but was too tired to fool with it. Maybe another time I can get them online.

Well, time to start the day and get the packing up started. Talk to you later!

No comments: