Friday, July 02, 2010

Slow Day in the 'Boro

There's really not much travel news for today. We spent much of the day with Mother with several shorter visits rather than a long time sitting. That's better for all of us I think.

I am enjoying my Verizon MiFi 2200 wireless hot spot. I can carry it and connect almost anywhere. Right now, I'm using the campground's wifi, but sometimes it slows to a crawl (probably when lots of campers are on it) and the MiFi is a great backup. I recommend it.

The big event of the day was taking cousin Clark and his wife Mary out to dinner at the Macaroni Grill. This was my first time there and I was favorably impressed.  Earlier in the day I had taken my Mary to lunch at a Murfreesboro institution, The City Cafe, just off the "square." The more somethings change, the more they stay the same. We also stopped by the Linebaugh Public Library, where I had my first job when I turned 16. Of course, they are no longer in the building I helped them move into so long ago and it is a fine building, but they are already stretching the limits of it's structure.

It is really interesting to not have to worry about someone calling me and telling me some tragic news or problem situation. Here on day 2 of retirement, I am already feeling the lifting of a heavy weight. Thanks be to God.

No comments: