Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just visiting

Well, Tiger and I have been staying in Nashville at a timeshare with brother, Ransom. Wyndham Nashville is a nice place. Every day, Ransom and I drive into Murfreesboro to visit our Mother in the nursing home. After all, that's why we are here. Those visits may be pleasant or difficult. It varies from day to day.

Tuesday, I was almost caught in a tornado. All the "weather" that came through here on Tuesday generated an "air tornado". I'm sure there is a more proper technical name for it, but it was a funnel cloud that stays up in the air and does not touch down. I was driving on I-24 when the funnel cloud passed over the interstate. And I wasn't even smart enough to pull off the road and head for cover! Actually, I didn't know it was there. The rain and wind were so bad I was concentrating on the road and not getting run over by the semis going 75 mph so I didn't look up in the air. By the way, I did finally pull over to the side of the road to escape the effects of all the water in the road and to let the wind die down. I'm not totally dumb!

I hadn't had lunch so I stopped at a Cracker Barrel in Murfreesboro and while I was there learned that I had just driven under a tornado. I will admit that did shake me up a bit!

Tiger's been taking life easy and staying at the room. That weather probably would have scared him pale! I don't have a picture of him anywhere today because my camera batteries died. Isn't that the way it goes? We'll correct that asap.

Time to head to Murfreesboro. See you soon!

No comments: